Sunday 9 October 2011

John Lennon (1940 - 1980)

"It's Johnny's birthday, It's Johnny's birthday!
And we would like to wish him all the very best!"

A wizard with his wand

Continuing with my brief birthday posts for the 'fab four'...

I can't write anything about this man that has not already been said, so I won't try. At least half of what I say is meaningless anyway. An all-time hero, and a constant source of inspiration. Part leader, part asshole. Complete genius.

For much of my teens, I'd find the both the 9th October & 8th December (obviously) quite upsetting, by focusing on the death of this great man. The way he died was extremely tragic, but now I can't help but feel true optimism whenever my thoughts focus on this fella. His spirit remains as strong today, as it ever did, and I think if everyone practised the positivity this guy exuded, the world would be a much more fun and interesting place to exist.

I got a chip on my shoulder that's bigger than my feet
I can't talk to people that I meet

He's missed by many, but thankfully his soul never seems too far away.

Today would have marked his 71st birthday. I don't think much of his family made it to that age, with the exception of Aunt Mimi of course, who lived to the ripe old age of 88. By 1909 Mimi, was 6 years old and, had a new baby sister. John's mother (Julia) and another 2 sisters were born during the next 7 years.

Instant coffee's gonna get you...

No comments:

Post a Comment