Sunday 26 December 2010

Intro

"Europe, America, Winterland. Introducing the plan."

Thanks to those geeky features within some of my favourite websites, I'm allowing myself to be taken on a journey into the unknown. I'll be coming across alot of stuff I've neither seen nor heard before, together with reacquainting myself with things I've enjoyed in the past. The following sites/links have been quite useful in my search for all things great. I'm starting at the beginning.

Films101 - Top 10,000 movies (or so)

RateYourMusic - Top of the 1900's (music)

RateYourMusic - Top of the 1900's (movies)

IMDB - Most voted films of 1900

Also using the American Film Institute Desk Reference from 2002.

I'll be relying on you guys n gals out there. Those who've contributed reviews and ratings to movies and records will surely determine whether something gets a look in, or avoided like the plague. Obviously, as time goes on, the newer items will likely have far more votes, even if it's just down to the more recent popularity/availability.

I'm sure more websites will come in handy as I get into the post-war years but, for now at least, I'm with happy what results I will find using those listed. Maybe I'll attempt to have a look/listen to anything that takes my fancy that has a 3/5 (6/10) or higher rating.

I suppose there are 3 stages, and I aim to keep listening, looking, learning, writing throughout 1 & 2. Each month I'll probably give up when I find myself stuck in stage 3.

1) Excited/blown away....I must have this record/film; 2) Interesting to the point that it has some relevance, and may or may not be worth discussing; 3) Loss of interest, not particularly enjoying what I'm finding.



No comments:

Post a Comment