Friday 31 December 2010

2011 Preview

I think the foundations are now in place. January will start the ball rolling with the year 1900. This first year may not be too exciting, but 2012 (1912-23) should be pretty fun, what with the golden age of the silent era (littered with well-known names/titles such as... Chaplin, Nosferatu, Cecil B DeMille, Harold Lloyd, Fritz Lang etc) and a few familiar music names popping up too (Bessie Smith, Jelly Roll Morton, Mamie Smith).

I haven't really paid attention to anything prior to 1914 before, so I am hoping I find a few pleasant surprises along the way.

[May 2011 Update: I've acquired a folder containing over 1,400 songs/tracks from 1888 - 1919, so hopefully these will provide the majority of my musical reviews up until the 1920's.]

No comments:

Post a Comment